Diminishing editorial resources and a lack of training in new media tools are the key challenges facing editorial managers, according to the most detailed survey of editors and senior journalists ever carried out in Australia.
The report Journalism at the Speed of Bytes - Australian newspapers in the 21st century - is about the digital challenge to quality news and newspapers. The research involved interviews with 100 journalists and editors plus independent research on issues such as:
- the changing business of news;
- why talk about quality?;
- the transition to from print to multimedia journalism;
- the difficulty of making digital dollars;
- journalists changing relationships with readers;
- excellence in digital journalism.
Read it for free here: http://www.walkleys.com/news/7141/