The interdisciplinary AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media brings together researchers and industry leaders interested in creating and analyzing social media. Past conferences have included technical papers from areas such as computer science, linguistics, communications, and the social sciences. The conference will be held at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland, June 4–7, 2012.
Papers due January 18, 2012.
- Social innovation and effecting change through social media
- New social media applications; interfaces; interaction techniques
- Psychological, personality-based and ethnographic studies of social media
- Analyzing the relationship between social media and mainstream media
- Qualitative and quantitative studies of social media
- Centrality/influence of social media publications and authors
- Ranking/relevance of blogs and microblogs; web page ranking based on blogs and microblogs
- Social network analysis; communities identification; expertise and authority discovery; collaborative filtering
- Trust; reputation; recommendation systems
- Human computer interaction; social media tools; navigation and visualization
- Subjectivity in textual data; sentiment analysis; polarity/opinion identification and extraction
- Text categorization; topic recognition; demographic/gender/age identification
- Trend identification and tracking; time series forecasting; measuring predictability of phenomena based on social media
Read more on the conference website: http://www.aaai.org/Conferences/ICWSM/icwsm12.php